We are privileged to be an Inaugural Member of the CAPS Network. Parkway Spark!, along with STL CAPS, St. Charles CAPS and other local programs work collaboratively with local industry, community, and educational leaders to bring rich and meaningful experiences for students, as well as partners. The Spark! program, along with other CAPS Network programs have the opportunity to share best practices and connections with professional partners, post-secondary institutions and students.
Below are the five key guiding principles that unite, define, and guide the CAPS Network Experience:
- Profession-based Learning: Instructors develop real-world, project-based learning strategies through collaborations with business and community partners. These interactions enhance the learning experience, preparing students for college and career.
- Responsiveness: CAPS supports high-skill, high-demand careers through ongoing innovation in curriculum development, programs and services based on local business and community needs.
- Self-Discovery and Exploration: Students realized their strengths and passions by exploring and experiencing potential professions. This allows them to make informed decisions about their future while learning to exhibit leadership.
- Professional Skills Development: Unique experiences allow students to cultivate transformative professional skills such as understanding expectations, time management, and other essential business values. These skills are critical to providing students a competitive advantage in their post-secondary education and professional careers.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Instructors create an environment where creative thinking and problem solving is encouraged. An innovative culture is key to fostering entrepreneurial learning and design thinking.